VALID AS OF 26 MAY 2015, REVIEWED ON JUNE 7TH 2021.
- For France: the company HBRI is a simplified joint stock company (SAS) listed on the Bordeaux Trade and Companies Register (RCS) under the number 810 528 000 and headquartered at 55 rue Jean Briaud, 33700 Mérignac, and assigned individual VAT identification number FR40810528000.
- For Belgium: the company HBRI-BE is a private limited liability company with company number 0694.793.776, headquartered at 8 avenue des Arts, 1210 Brussels.
- For Spain: the company BLUE VALET APARCAMIENTO SL, headquartered at Calle Serrano, 90 6° Madrid - 28006 Madrid.
- For Portugal: the company HBRIPT, sociedade unipessoal lda (NIPC: 515302511) headquartered at Avenida da Liberdade 38 1°, 1250-145, Santo António Lisboa.
(hereinafter referred to as "BLUE VALET")
The object of BLUE VALET's business is the provision of vehicle shuttle and parking services on private or public property, excluding passenger transport, as well as vehicle maintenance and cleaning services at airports and train stations.
- BLUE VALET France: +33 9 78 46 00 14, also available via email or online chat. Contact us.
- BLUE VALET Spain: +34 512 511 566, also available via email or online chat. Contact us.
- BLUE VALET Portugal: +351 308 802 662, also available via email or online chat. Contact us.
- BLUE VALET Belgium: +32 78 487 025, also available via email or online chat. Contact us.
After making a reservation, each BLUE VALET Customer will receive an order confirmation email with the specific e-mail address they can use to contact us.
These General Terms of Sale (hereinafter referred to as the "GTS") shall apply without restriction or reservation to all purchases of the services offered by BLUE VALET on its website www.bluevalet.fr (hereinafter referred to as the "Website") and its mobile applications.
These GTS shall apply to the exclusion of all other conditions, in particular those that may apply on the various channels used for marketing BLUE VALET's services (for example via booking platforms or travel agencies). They may be accessed at any time on the Website, and shall prevail where applicable over any previous version or conflicting document.
The service offered by BLUE VALET consists in the provision of reservations for parking facilities and valet services at airports and train stations via a technological platform, and more specifically the pick-up of Customer vehicles by a parking agent, the movement and parking of these vehicles within BLUE VALET parking facilities, and the return of the vehicles to the Customers under the terms set forth in Article 6. Additional services offered by BLUE VALET for sale online are detailed and described on the Website. Persons wishing to purchase all or part of these services are required to become acquainted with them in detail before placing an order. Customers are solely responsible for their selection and purchase of services on the Website.
Valet and parking services are offered by BLUE VALET on its website for the following locations:
- Paris-Charles de Gaulle (Parking facility clearance: 1.90 m).
- Paris-Orly (Parking facility clearance: 1.90 m).
- Bordeaux-Mérignac (no height restrictions)
- Toulouse-Blagnac (Parking facility clearance: 2.10 m).
- Nice Côte d'Azur (Parking facility clearance: 2.20 m).
- Nantes-Atlantique (Parking facility clearance: 2.50 m).
- Marseille-Provence (Parking facility clearance: 2.60 m).
- Lyon St Exupéry (Parking facility clearance: 2.50 m).
· Train stations:
- Bordeaux St-Jean (Parking facility clearance: 1.80 m).
- Aix-en-Provence (Parking facility clearance: 2.00 m).
- Lyon St Exupéry (Parking facility clearance: 2.50 m).
- Bruxelles-Zaventem (Parking facility clearance: 1.80 m).
- Barcelona El-Prat (Parking facility clearance: 2.10 m).
- Madrid Adolfo Suarez (no height restrictions)
- Lisbon Humberto Delgado (Parking facility clearance: 2.1 m)
Oversized vehicles, or vehicles exceeding the clearance measurements indicated above, shall not be admitted to any of our sites. If such a vehicle is accepted, however, BLUE VALET cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to the vehicle.
4.1. Persons wishing to order services offered by BLUE VALET on its Website must complete all the required fields to validate their order, or no order validation will be provided. Orders will only be finalized if Customers acknowledge that they have read and accept these GTS without reservation by checking the box provided for such purpose when finalizing their order.
Customers must also fully complete the form providing details for their identification and for their vehicle, and enter the dates and times at which they intend to use BLUE VALET's services.
Customers warrant that they are the owner, custodian, or duly authorized user of the passenger vehicle to be entrusted to BLUE VALET, and that they are appropriately insured, possess a valid driving license, and that their vehicle has an up-to-date technical inspection certificate fulfilling the requirements of the law.
These GTS may be subject to changes in the future; the version applicable to the Customer's purchase shall be the version available on the Website on the date on which the order is placed.
4.2. By accepting these GTS, Customers warrant that they have been duly informed of these GTS in a clear and comprehensible manner, and are aware of all the information and particulars addressed in Articles L.221-5, R.111-1, R.111-2 and R.221-2 of the Consumer Code, in particular:
- The essential characteristics of the service ordered, in light of the communications medium used and the service concerned;
- The price of the services ordered and any additional costs;
- The date or deadline for BLUE VALET's commitment to provide the service ordered, if the contract is not intended for immediate implementation;
- Identifying information for BLUE VALET, including its postal address, telephone and electronic contact details, and business activity, if the same is not apparent from the context;
- Information concerning cancellation options;
- An indication of the possibility of recourse to conventional mediation in case of disputes;
- Information on termination procedures and other important contractual conditions;
- Acceptable means of payment.
Customers expressly acknowledge that the submission of an order via the Website implies full and complete acceptance of these Terms, and agree not to avail themselves of any conflicting document, which shall be unenforceable against BLUE VALET.
5.1. The services offered by BLUE VALET on its Website are provided at the rates in effect on the order date, as shall be indicated on the Website before the order is placed and confirmed upon order validation. Prices are given in Euros, with all taxes included. BLUE VALET reserves the right to change its prices at any time, but price changes will not be applied to orders already placed and addressed in a confirmation e-mail. However, if changes are made to an order already placed after a price change has been made, the changed order will be provided at the newly applicable prices.
The price indicated in the order confirmation email sent by BLUE VALET shall be the definitive price, unless the Customer subsequently makes a change to the order.
BLUE VALET shall prepare and email an invoice in the Customer's name, which shall be made available in the Customer's account once the order has been confirmed. Any change or addition of services requiring a rate adjustment will be covered in a second invoice. The new invoice will be made available in the Customer's account once the vehicle return date has passed. The Customer may obtain a digital copy of the invoice by submitting a request to Customer Service.
The Customer shall be liable for any unexpected bank charges of any kind that may be charged to BLUE VALET after payment.
5.2. Any order placed on the Website shall be payable in full by Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit cards on the day the order is placed.
BLUE VALET will not provide the services ordered by the Customer unless the full price has been paid in advance under the terms set forth above and has been effectively credited to BLUE VALET's bank account.
In the event of non-compliance with the terms of payment stipulated above or of a dispute concerning the payment of a previous order, BLUE VALET reserves the right to suspend or cancel the provision of services ordered by the Client and/or to suspend the performance of its obligations.
6.1. Once the Customer has paid for and validated the order on the BLUE VALET Website, he/she will receive an e-mail confirming the order.
The service reserved is available from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. every day of the week, except at Barcelona El Prat, where the BLUE VALET service is available from 6 a.m. to midnight. Opening and closing hours may change depending on the period of activity.
Specifically, the Customer's vehicle may only be dropped off with and picked up from the BLUE VALET parking agent during the abovementioned working hours, on the dates and times specified when the order is validated.
No service will be provided outside these hours. In other words, in the event of a delayed return flight arriving after the service’s business hours, Customers acknowledge that BLUE VALET cannot guarantee the return of their vehicle, which may need to be picked up at a later time or date and at the Customer's expense. To ensure the proper operation of the service, Customers must provide a valid mobile phone number, and must be sure to turn on their mobile phone at least one hour prior to dropping off their vehicle, and as soon as they arrive in the airport terminal/train platform on the day the vehicle is to be returned.
6.2. For any type of "Valet + Parking" service offered, Customers must:
- Sign up for the "Valet + Parking" service on the Website, indicating the places, dates and times of their departure and arrival as well as their mobile phone number.
For their outward journey, Customers should enter a pick-up time for their vehicle; this pick-up time should correspond to a given time slot understood to mean "at the earliest." Customers then accept that BLUE VALET may, if necessary, take up to 30 minutes after the time indicated in the reservation to pick up the vehicle. Between the reservation time specified for the pick-up of their vehicle and the time of their scheduled flight or train journey, Customers should allow further time - at least 1.5 hours for domestic flights, 2 hours for international flights and 1 hour for train journeys. BLUE VALET cannot be held responsible for direct or indirect damage that may be suffered by the Customer in the event of non-compliance with these minimum time periods.
For their return trip, Customers must indicate the arrival time of their flight or train and their flight or train number. In the event that the requested time slot is full and Customers select a later time slot, they accept that the return of their vehicle will be postponed by an equal amount of time, since the time indicated corresponds to their flight or train arrival time, and not the vehicle return time.
- Ensure that they have received the order confirmation email after placing their order; if not, they should contact BLUE VALET Customer Service by email, online chat or phone using the contact details provided in Article 1;
- Have the mobile phone corresponding to the mobile number specified in their order charged and turned on at least one hour before the time specified for their vehicle drop-off, and from the time their plane lands or their train arrives at the station until the vehicle is returned for their return trip;
- Ensure that their vehicle is insured in their name, at least until the date of its return by BLUE VALET;
- Ensure that the vehicle has sufficient gas, at least enough that the low fuel light is not on. If the low fuel light is on in the Customer's vehicle. BLUE VALET reserves the right to refuse to pick up the vehicle and shall not be held responsible if the vehicle runs out of gas. If the vehicle is nevertheless picked up, BLUE VALET cannot guarantee that it will be returned to the Customer at the original meeting site, and the Customer may need to travel at his own expense to the vehicle's parking location;
- Call the BLUE VALET parking agent before dropping off their vehicle at the number given in the SMS received, in order to ensure the proper operation of the service;
- Arrive with the specified vehicle at the reservation time and meeting point specified when booking their reservation and agreed with the BLUE VALET parking agent. Customers must notify Customer Service as soon as possible in case of any change of vehicle;
- Ensure that their vehicle is emptied of all personal effects and property not required for driving or parking the vehicle (and in particular that the vehicle is emptied of all personal items and/or valuables); BLUE VALET shall not in any case be responsible for the personal effects left inside the vehicle by the Customer. BLUE VALET shall thus not be held responsible in any way for any loss, degradation or damage caused to any personal effects and property not required for driving or parking the vehicle that the Customer has not removed before entrusting the vehicle to the BLUE VALET parking agent;
- Personally hand the vehicle keys (removed from their key ring) and ticket for the parking facility (paid in full for the scheduled pick-up time) to the BLUE VALET parking agent when leaving the vehicle. Place the vehicle's papers (insurance certificate and registration card) in the glove box and give the BLUE VALET parking agent any relevant information about the operation of the vehicle and any possible specific features. BLUE VALET cannot be held responsible for the loss of key rings or other items other than the vehicle keys;
- Call the BLUE VALET parking agent at the number given in the SMS received on the date of return immediately upon disembarking from the plane or train and after collecting any luggage and passing any security checks; failing this, the parking agent's presence upon arrival cannot be guaranteed;
- Collect their keys and vehicle from the BLUE VALET parking agent upon leaving the plane or train at the meeting point specified when their order was placed or when it was changed by contacting Customer Service. Vehicles can only be returned to the person named on the reservation. If another person comes to collect the vehicle, the person named on the reservation must provide Customer Service in advance with an authorisation for the other person to come to collect the vehicle and an identification document for that person.
BLUE VALET cannot be held responsible for the late arrival of any of its parking agents if the Customer fails to follow the process indicated above.
It is furthermore specified that:
- Only unoutfitted vehicles will be accepted, i.e., those without roof boxes, bicycle racks or any exterior accessories. BLUE VALET reserves the right to decline to accept a vehicle that is not unoutfitted as described above. If such a vehicle is accepted, however, BLUE VALET cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to the vehicle or any attachments, such as roof boxes, bicycle racks, or other exterior accessories.
- Customers warrant that all safety equipment required by law (warning triangle and yellow safety vest) is present inside the vehicle. Furthermore, Customers are required to drop off only vehicles that are compliant with legal standards and that have all the elements necessary for proper vehicle operation and safety in perfect working order. BLUE VALET reserves the right to refuse any vehicle whose operational condition is visibly inadequate.
- Customers must arrive at the time and at the meeting point indicated when making the reservation, but BLUE VALET shall not be responsible for time spent parked prior to the meeting time indicated and shall not bear the related costs. Customers must therefore provide a valid, fully paid ticket for the parking facility at the pick-up time agreed upon making their reservation, leaving a reasonable minimum period of validity for the parking agent to move the vehicle. These fees may be billed back to the Customer if he/she fails to pay them prior to drop off;
- If after dropping off their vehicle Customers have forgotten to remove certain personal effects and wish to collect them prior to their departure, BLUE VALET cannot guarantee that it will be possible to return such effects or bring back the vehicle. If BLUE VALET is able to do so, an additional fee of TEN (10) Euros incl. tax may be billed for this service;
- For electric vehicles, the Customer must leave the appropriate charging cables and any necessary adapters in the vehicle. Electrical recharging is provided as an additional service; in order to sign up for this service, the reserved parking period must be at least two times the vehicle's recharge time. If this parking period is less than 48 hours, BLUE VALET cannot guarantee a full recharge and cannot be held responsible for incomplete recharging. In any case, vehicle charging will be considered complete when the charge level reaches between 95 and 100%;
- BLUE VALET cannot accept cars running on LPG. If such a vehicle is accepted, however, BLUE VALET declines all liability;
- Customers must be sure to remove or deactivate their electronic toll badge or license plate recognition system so that they will not be improperly billed for parking fees at drop-off areas or in one of our parking facilities. BLUE VALET cannot be held responsible for such billing;
- In case of a flight or train delay or cancellation, the Customer undertakes to contact BLUE VALET Customer Service as soon as possible by email, online chat or phone using the contact details given in Article 1, and at least 4 hours before the new time provided for the departure or arrival of the flight or train. In any event, BLUE VALET cannot guarantee that the service can be delivered normally at the new times and dates specified by the Customer;
Customers guarantee the veracity of the information provided when creating their Customer account and placing an order. In any case, BLUE VALET cannot be held responsible for operational difficulties linked directly or indirectly to Customer provision of erroneous information at the time of reservation.
6.3. If additional cleaning services are purchased:
6.3.1. If the Customer has signed up for an additional interior cleaning service, the vehicle must be accessible and uncluttered, and in a condition appropriate to the level of service selected so that cleaning can be performed in accordance with the expected level of quality and finish.
It is specified that any child/baby seats will not be moved. Cleaning will not therefore be performed where the child/baby seat is located.
6.3.2. If the Customer has signed up for an additional automatic high-pressure wash service to be delivered at a washing facility, the Customer's vehicle must be less than 2.40m in height and 2.05m in width with the mirrors folded in. The body must be in good condition and free of any protruding elements so as to prevent water infiltration. BLUE VALET cannot perform this service on vehicles outfitted with accessories such as bicycle racks or roof boxes. The washing facility may be closed in case of rain, preventing the performance of the service ordered within the allotted time. BLUE VALET reserves the right to cancel any washing or additional service for internal reasons or due to the condition of the vehicle, without this entitling Customers to any compensation.
6.4. If Customers are unable to collect their vehicle on the date and time agreed in the order confirmation email, they will be liable for the payment of parking fees until they pick up their vehicle, based on the rates applied to the entire extended stay.
6.5. If Customers collect their vehicle before the specified date and time, thus breaching the terms provided under the cancellation and modification options offered to Customers when making their reservation, no reimbursement may be claimed, as their reservation shall be deemed firm and final.
6.6. In case of a modification of the reservation:
6.6.1 Customers may change the date and time of the service ordered on the Website by contacting BLUE VALET Customer Service by e-mail, online chat or phone using the contact details provided in Article 1 and specifying the new date and time desired, under the conditions described in 6.6.2. However, this change can only be taken into account if the Customer has obtained the prior express consent of BLUE VALET, which may decline the Customer's request if it cannot be materially satisfied.
If a modification is given express and prior acceptance by BLUE VALET, BLUE VALET will notify the Customer with a modification confirmation email indicating the new date and time as well as the price in force for which the Customer must pay by credit card or by direct debit before the service concerned will be performed. In the event that the new applicable rate is lower than the amount of the initial reservation, the Customer will be refunded for the price difference on the means of payment used.
6.6.2 In case of a modification of the reservation of more than ONE (1) hour compared to the initial time of the reservation, and in the event that the Customer did not subscribe to the cancellation and modification insurance:
- If the latter occurs more than 24 hours before the time of drop-off or pick up of your vehicle, depending on the route affected by the modification, it will be billed FIVE (5) euros, regardless of any new applicable rate.
- If the latter occurs less than 24 hours before the time of drop-off or return of your vehicle, depending on the route affected by the modification, it will be billed FIFTEEN (15) euros, regardless of any new applicable rate.
6.7. If the vehicle is not dropped off or is dropped off late:
6.7.1. If Customers fail to turn up to drop off their vehicle as indicated in their order, or if they present themselves more than 30 minutes late without providing advance notice of such delay, BLUE VALET cannot guarantee that the service will be able to be delivered within a period of time convenient to the Customer, and reserves the right to cancel the reservation and retain all sums paid by the Customer.
6.7.2. If Customers cannot drop off their vehicle as indicated in their order or in case of a delay imputable to BLUE VALET upon vehicle drop off (excluding unforeseeable traffic-related difficulties such as traffic jams, accidents, detours, weather conditions, etc.), the Customer may be entitled to compensation as follows:
- If the delay imputable to BLUE VALET is less than 30 minutes: the Customer may not claim any compensation or reimbursement of the amount of his reservation. It is the Customer's responsibility to provide sufficient time between their reservation time and the time of the departure of their flight or train, and the specified pick-up time should correspond to a given time slot understood to mean "at the earliest." Customers accept that BLUE VALET may if necessary take up to 30 minutes after the time indicated in the reservation to pick up the vehicle (see section 6.2.).
- If the delay imputable to BLUE VALET is greater than 30 minutes: the Customer shall be entitled to a BLUE VALET credit of FIFTEEN (15) Euros incl. tax.
- In case of a failure to pick up the vehicle imputable to BLUE VALET: Customers will be reimbursed for the amount of their reservation as well as for the price difference between their reservation and the alternative parking facility they have been obliged to pay for, with the exception of premium parking facilities and drop-off type temporary express parking facilities. Reimbursement will be provided upon presentation of an invoice paid by bank card.
This compensation shall be valid provided that the information on the order is correct (contact details, vehicle, etc.) and Customers have in fact reported their arrival to the parking agent at the time indicated in their reservation by contacting the number indicated in the SMS received the same day, or, where appropriate, by contacting Customer Service using the contact details given in Article 1 hereof.
BLUE VALET shall not accept liability or bear any cost for any direct or indirect financial losses associated with missed flights or trains, such as the cost of a new plane or train ticket or for associated costs (transport, meals, lodging, etc.) in case of a failure or delay in vehicle pick up imputable to BLUE VALET, since Customers shall have had ample opportunity to park their vehicles on their own, having allowed themselves a reasonable time - at least 1.5 hours for domestic flights, 2 hours for international flights and 1 hour for train journeys - between their reservation time and the time of their flight or train journey (see section 6.2.).
The starting point for calculating the delay shall correspond to the pick-up time specified in the reservation.
Customers will have their BLUE VALET credit sent within a maximum of ONE (1) month to the e-mail address entered when placing their order.
This BLUE VALET credit shall be valid for 3 years from the date of its issue and shall not be redeemable via any other means of payment (bank card, cash, etc.).
6.8. If vehicle return is delayed or postponed:
6.8.1. In case of a delay in returning the vehicle to the Customer imputable to BLUE VALET (excluding unforeseeable traffic-related difficulties such as traffic jams, accidents, detours, weather conditions, etc.), the Customer may be entitled to compensation as follows:
- Between 15 and 30 minutes: BLUE VALET credit of FIVE (5) Euros incl. tax,
- Between 30 and 60 minutes: BLUE VALET credit of FIFTEEN (15) euros incl. tax,
- More than 1 hour: BLUE VALET credit of THIRTY (30) Euros incl. tax.
The delay duration shall be counted starting from the time of the Customer's call to the BLUE VALET parking agent at the number indicated in the SMS received (resulting in the vehicle being sent out for pick up) upon disembarking from the plane or train on the return date, and after collecting any luggage and passing any security checks.
Customers will have their BLUE VALET credit sent within a maximum of ONE (1) month to the e-mail address entered when placing their order.
This BLUE VALET credit shall be valid for 3 years from the date of its issue and shall not be redeemable via any other means of payment (bank card, cash, etc.).
6.8.2. In the event that BLUE VALET is unable to return the vehicle to the Customer by means of its valet service, it may offer an alternative solution for the return of the vehicle and keys, in collaboration with one of its partners (hotel, parking facility, transportation operator, etc.) so as to organize the return as quickly as possible and limit the delay for the Customer. In this case, provided that the reservation has been made correctly (information, flight, times, etc.) and provided that Customers have reported their arrival to the parking agent at the number indicated in the SMS received the same day, or, where appropriate, by contacting Customer Service using the contact details given in Article 1 hereof, Customers shall be entitled to reimbursement of half of their reservation fees (not including any additional services ordered and performed).
In this case, the Customer will be transported to the vehicle parking place with the use of BLUE VALET resources. If BLUE VALET cannot offer the Customer a solution for their transportation to the vehicle's parking location, the Customer will be reimbursed for the costs of transportation via taxi or a ride-hailing service incurred for travel between the return location indicated in the order and the vehicle parking location; this reimbursement will be provided upon presentation of an invoice paid by bank card.
Since a joint inspection of their vehicle's condition in the presence of the parking agent would in such case be impossible, if Customers wish to then report any damage to their vehicle they must take photos of said damage, both close-up and at a distance, and send them the same day by email to Customer Service along with their complaint, using the contact details given in Article 1 hereof.
6.8.3. If the vehicle is returned the day after the day specified when the order was made, and this delay is imputable to BLUE VALET, provided that the reservation has been made correctly (information, flight, times, etc.) and provided that Customers have reported their arrival to the parking agent at the number indicated in the SMS received the same day, or, where appropriate, by contacting Customer Service using the contact details given in Article 1 hereof, Customers shall be entitled to reimbursement of half of their reservation fees (not including any additional services ordered and performed).
- Meal costs: up to TEN (10) Euros incl. tax / meal / person;
- Accommodation costs: up to NINETY (90) Euros incl. tax / night (2 persons minimum / room);
- Transport costs by taxi / ride-hailing service: fixed amount for a round trip of up to 100km determined based on the rates in effect, if BLUE VALET cannot offer the Customer a repatriation solution.
6.9. If the Customer has signed up for the "Valet + Parking" service, BLUE VALET undertakes to park the vehicle in its parking lots and to ensure its security for the duration of the service. To meet parking space management needs, Customers authorize BLUE VALET to move their vehicle within the parking facility if necessary, or to another parking facility affiliated with BLUE VALET.
The vehicle keys will be kept in a secure room.
6.10.When the vehicle is to be returned, the BLUE VALET parking agent will hand the Customer an exit ticket from the parking facility where the vehicle is parked at pick up time, or will leave one in the Customer's vehicle. The Customer must use this specific ticket in order to exit the car park.
If the Customer cannot find the exit ticket for the pick-up, or if the Customer only has a parking ticket for the date when the vehicle was dropped off, the Customer must contact the BLUE VALET parking agent again to be informed of the specific location of the proper exit ticket.
Customers are solely responsible for their ticket, which they must use to exit the parking facility, and any additional costs incurred in case of error in the ticket used. In other words, BLUE VALET cannot be held responsible for any use of the wrong exit ticket or the associated costs.
6.11. For time-saving purposes, the Customer expressly accepts that after the vehicle has been dropped off and before it is moved, BLUE VALET may perform an exterior inspection of the vehicle, taking time-stamped photos. Customers may remain present for this initial inspection if they so wish. These photos will be emailed to the Customer and a copy will be sent to a dedicated BLUE VALET email box. They will be used, if necessary, to determine when any damage was caused to the vehicle.
The Customer may also request the performance of a joint exterior inspection when the vehicle is returned. If the Customer makes a specific request to such effect, the inspection will be performed in the presence of the Customer and parking agent, with time-stamped photos to be taken by the parking agent and sent to the Customer by e-mail. As part of BLUE VALET's internal sanitation protocols, Customers unreservedly and unconditionally authorize the BLUE VALET parking agent performing this joint inspection to sign it on their behalf.
A joint exterior inspection of the vehicle must be performed upon return before any claim for damages can be considered admissible.
No claims will be accepted for damages involving:
- The interior elements of the vehicle,
- Keys and key rings,
- Damage that could not have reasonably been detected when the vehicle was picked up,
- Any damage resulting from normal use of the vehicle,
- Any mechanical or electronic failure.
In addition and in any case:
- Given the difficulty in detecting damage less than 2 cm in length or diameter on the bodywork (such as surface scratches, bumps or dents) and the possibility that they may become visible with a change of weather, or while transporting, parking or cleaning the vehicle, or otherwise, BLUE VALET declines all responsibility for this type of damage;
- BLUE VALET declines all responsibility with regard to the vehicle's rims and tires, the condition of which cannot be fully inspected upon Customer drop off, in particular normal wear, deflation, bald tires or slow leaks;
- BLUE VALET declines all responsibility in the event of any damage or deterioration to the vehicle observed upon its return resulting from weather conditions (rain, temperature changes, thunderstorms, etc.) or animals (midges, bird droppings, etc.).
If no reservations or complaints are expressed by Customers upon the return of their vehicle by the BLUE VALET parking agent after the completion of a joint exterior inspection performed by the parking agent in the Customer's presence, the Customer will be deemed to have acknowledged that the vehicle was received in the same condition it was in when it was originally dropped off with the BLUE VALET parking agent.
BLUE VALET shall not in any case be liable to the Customer or third parties for damages occurring as a result of force majeure events as defined in Article 1218 of the Civil Code and case law.
6.12. If the event of BLUE VALET being unable to transport the Customer's vehicle to the meeting place, it will notify the Customer as soon as possible, specifying the vehicle's parking location so that the Customer can pick it up.
In this case, Customers shall travel to their vehicle's parking place:
- On their own, if BLUE VALET's full and complete responsibility has not been confirmed;
- With resources provided by BLUE VALET if its full and complete responsibility has been confirmed. If BLUE VALET cannot offer the Customer a solution to provide him or her with transport to the vehicle's parking location, the Customer will be reimbursed for the costs of transportation via taxi or a ride-hailing service incurred for travel between the return location indicated in the order and the vehicle parking location, which will be provided upon presentation of an invoice paid by bank card.
In the event that the vehicle is immobile and the Customer cannot move it, the Customer must arrange for its repair as promptly as possible.
If BLUE VALET's full and complete responsibility has been confirmed, the Customer must still make a request for assistance so that BLUE VALET can arrange for the vehicle to be repaired.
In any case, the Customer authorizes BLUE VALET to attempt to start the vehicle by using jumper cables or a battery booster device if a dead battery is suspected.
In the event that the Customer's vehicle is immobile and the full and complete responsibility of BLUE VALET is confirmed, the following solutions will be offered to the Customer:
- Either BLUE VALET will provide the Customer, for a maximum of THIRTY (30) days, with a B-segment rental vehicle to be picked up directly from the rental agency of Blue Valet's choice upon presentation of a valid driving license, until the Customer's vehicle can be picked up;
- Or, if BLUE VALET is not able to offer a rental vehicle to the Customer, it will reimburse their vehicle rental costs up to FIFTY (50) Euros incl. tax/rental day upon presentation of an invoice paid by credit card, for up to THIRTY (30) days, until the Customer's vehicle can be picked up.
In any event, the Customer shall be responsible for any damage caused while operating the rental vehicle. Consequently, if the lessor is required to pay any insurance deductible, it will be fully borne by the Customer.
6.13. If any costs are to be reimbursed by BLUE VALET, payment will be made by SIXTY (60) days at latest after the approval of the claim by Customer Service, and provided that all the supporting documents requested are properly submitted to BLUE VALET.
6.14. BLUE VALET undertakes to make every effort to ensure that the Website will be kept accessible, and will permit Customers to place orders online continuously and without interruption. In case of a temporary interruption of the Website, an error message will be shown, and BLUE VALET will not be able to approve any orders submitted. BLUE VALET cannot be held responsible if Customers are prevented from placing an order on the Website due to a Website interruption as indicated by an error message, nor for any direct or indirect damages that may result.
BLUE VALET's business activity is insured by insurance companies of known solvency, covering the risks associated with its activity as required under the laws of each country; specifically:
The guarantees cover BLUE VALET's professional civil liability as well as damage to vehicles in its charge, except for the exclusions mentioned above.
Pursuant to Article L.221-28 of the Consumer Code, the right of withdrawal provided under Article L. 221-18 of the Consumer Code for remote sales does not apply to any of the Services offered via the Site.
Consequently, the Services ordered on the Site are exclusively subject to the cancellation and modification conditions provided under these General Terms.
9.1. BLUE VALET will take Customers' requests into consideration provided they have met the formal requirements and deadlines set out above. Reimbursement of their order and any fees applied shall thus depend on whether they had registered for the cancellation and modification option or not, as Customers shall have been informed of the various options available when placing their order (see "cancellation fees" in section 9.2).
9.2. If Customers who have ordered a service on the Website notify BLUE VALET that they wish to cancel their reservation before the start of the service, they may be provided with a refund for their reservation under certain conditions, if the cancellation and modification option has been subscribed. The conditions are as follows:
- If the Customer’s request is made more than 24 hours before the reserved vehicle drop off date and time, the Customer will be reimbursed for the entire order on the means of payment used, minus the amount of the cancellation and modification insurance subscribed.
- If the Customer’s request is made less than 24 hours before the reserved vehicle drop off date and time, the Customer will be reimbursed for the entire order in BLUE VALET credits, minus the amount of the cancellation and modification insurance subscribed.
The Customer will receive his BLUE VALET credit within a maximum period of ONE (1) month at the e-mail address entered when placing the order.
The BLUE VALET credit is valid THREE (3) years from its date of issue and cannot be exchanged by any other means of payment (bank card, cash…)
If the Customer has not signed up for the cancellation option, no reimbursement or compensation may be claimed.
9.3. If BLUE VALET is unable to provide the service ordered by the Customer on the Website at the specified dates and times, BLUE VALET will notify the Customer in advance by e-mail or by telephone and will reimburse the Customer's order on the mean of payment used and within SEVEN (7) days.
Insofar as this cancellation shall occur in advance of the scheduled pick-up time, BLUE VALET shall not be required to find an alternative solution for the Customer.
BLUE VALET may at its sole discretion create promotional codes for credit against Customer orders, subject to any additional provisions established by BLUE VALET on a case-by-case basis.
These promotional codes must be used by the Customer legitimately and for the intended purposes. They may not be duplicated, sold or transferred in any way, and may only be used in accordance with the specific terms provided by BLUE VALET for each promotional code. They may not be exchanged for cash or reimbursed at value in the event of a cancellation of the order. These promotional codes have an expiration date, and may be deactivated by BLUE VALET at any time for any reason whatsoever without incurring liability.
BLUE VALET reserves the right to remove or reduce the credit provided by the promotional code if BLUE VALET determines or believes that the use of the code was erroneous, fraudulent, illegal or contrary to the conditions applicable to the promotional code or these Terms.
Professional Customers may sign up for the "BLUE VALET for Business" offering, which is available through a platform, accessible via the Website, where they can register their company, manage their employees, and make their reservation payments directly on a monthly or per-order basis.
Consequently, the special provisions provided under this paragraph shall apply prospectively. These GTS shall be comprehensive for all other purposes.
11.1. Customers may register their company via an existing BLUE VALET account or a new account. They must then fill in and/or verify all required fields to validate their order, or no order validation will be provided. The Customer guarantees the accuracy of the information provided.
Once the registration is validated, the Customer will receive an email confirming the creation of their company account.
11.2. The Customer must also indicate the means of payment they wish to use to pay for their reservations:
11.2.1. Either by centralized payment/management:
- Via a saved bank card. The Customer's bank card information must in such case be saved, and the total amount due for the preceding month will be debited on the 5th of each month.
- Via SEPA direct debit. Customers must in such case enter their IBAN, and funds will be debited on the 5th of the month to cover the total amount for all reservations made on the account in the preceding month.
- Via bank transfer to BLUE VALET's bank account.
Invoicing shall in such case be issued on the 1st of the month for orders with return dates occurring in the previous month, and shall be payable on the 5th of the same month.
11.2.2. Or by decentralized payment/management, i.e., by individual bank card. Each employee will in such case need to enter their own personal means of payment in order to validate a reservation. The invoice will be issued when the order reservation is made.
11.3. Orders will only be finalized once Customers have acknowledged that they have read and accept these GTS without reservation by checking the box provided for such purpose when finalizing their order.
Pursuant to Law 78-17 of 6 January 1978, it is specified that any personal data requested from Customers are particularly necessary for order processing and preparing invoices.
These data may be released to such partners as BLUE VALET may enlist for the fulfilment, processing, management and payment of orders.
In accordance with applicable national and European regulations, Customers have a permanent right of access to modify, rectify and oppose any information concerning them.
They may exercise this right by sending an e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The content of the Website is the property of BLUE VALET and is protected by French and international intellectual property laws.
Any reproduction of this content in whole or in part is strictly prohibited and may constitute a crime of infringement.
Furthermore, BLUE VALET shall remain the owner of all intellectual property rights to the photographs, presentations, drawings, models, etc., produced for purposes of providing services to the Customer (even at the Customer's request) and/or appearing on the Website. The Customer shall refrain from any reproduction of these elements without prior authorization from BLUE VALET in writing, which may require financial compensation.
If any of the provisions of these GTS are ruled void, illegal or unenforceable by a court of law, the other provisions of these GTS shall remain in force, and their validity and enforceability will remain unaffected.
These General Terms of Sale and the operations resulting from them are governed by and subject to French law, subject to the mandatory rules applicable in the consumer's country of residence.
These General Terms of Sale are written in French. If they are translated into one or more other languages, only the French text will prevail in the event of a dispute.
If the Customer has contacted Customer Service and has received no satisfactory response, or no response, within SIXTY (60) days, the Customer may contact the Tourism and Travel Ombudsman using the contact details and procedures available on the website www.mtv.travel.
Any dispute that may arise from these General Terms of Sale and the contracts concluded hereunder concerning the validity, interpretation, execution, termination, consequences and effects thereof that cannot be resolved between BLUE VALET and the Customer will be settled before the competent courts under the provisions of common law.